Monday 12 August 2013

Route 507/521 2 New Electric Buses at Hants and Dorset Trim

© All rights reserved by Matt J Forbes

As you can see above, the is one of the two brand new electric buses built by BYD (Build Your Dreams) in China which will enter service on Route 507/521 in London. It was delivered by a slow boat from China which has arrived in the UK. According to LOTS it's has been reported that one of the electric buses is being prepared for service despite it's expected that it's likely to take an considerable time for it to enter service.

As you can clearly see these buses have LED Blinds,which I suppose it might as well get as the bus is electric. As LED Blinds aren't usually TFL's spec on buses and as of the bus being hybrid, I'll expect the font to be "Johnson'. In my opinion TFL should move on to LED Blinds using the 'Johnson' font because most operators in the UK have moved to LED Blinds. 


What I think of the bus that is the very first Chinese bus to be built for the UK, is that I'm proud to see another new bus type being used in London. I do think the design is outstanding and I can't wait to cover it once it has entered service.


Tell me your views on the new BYD Electric Bus below ... Do you like it or not? - I like it :)


Thank you for reading this post and for visiting our blog.
Remember to stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. It looks cool.
    The only problem is that it's another thing built in China...
    That's the reason why I am for ADL / Wrightbus, they employ Britons to build British buses for British bus companies and the British people ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your opinion Lewis. Personally I prefer ADL to build British buses for British bus companies and the British people. ;) I wonder if ADL will build an electric version of their Enviro's in the future ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your opinion Lewis. Personally I prefer ADL to build British buses for British bus companies and the British people. ;) I wonder if ADL will build an electric version of their Enviro's in the future ...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment!